Callista

Callista

Monday, March 3, 2014

Two Week Oil Update, etc.

For two weeks now we've been using oils daily on Callista's feet. If I didn't see it for myself, I'd think it was crazy. But she has been adding new speech sounds faster than ever over these last few weeks (we've even missed therapy for three weeks!!!). I've also noticed that she consciously/purposely moves her feet much more than she ever has. I don't think we've seen HUGE strides just yet, but with these tiny steps already showing, I have a feeling great things are to come by continuing our oil journey.

In other news, I am sure most of you know that a few weeks ago, Callista had a seizure. She's never had one before so it was a scary thing for me. As soon as she woke up, she began twitching and it lasted about 15 minutes. We called the squad after we realized she wasn't stopping. Luckily she did not need meds to intervene, she stopped almost as soon as the ambulance arrived. After a trip to the local ER and then to NCH, her MRI showed her shunt was functioning fine, she did not have a fever, and there were no other causes that they could determine. This Wednesday, she has an EEG so if you could pray for good results that would be wonderful <3 For now, we have emergency meds and we hope it was just a one time deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment