Callista

Callista

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Getting Somewhere and Nowhere

Every day we feel like we're making progress and like we are getting somewhere. But then when we talk to the doctors in charge of her case, we're not any closer to coming home. I was really hoping to have her home soon since I'm out of favors at work and out of money as well. My return to work date is now April 30th. It's going to kill me to go back, but there's no other options at this point. I'm going to request part time work if she's still in the hospital, hopefully God will grace me with that opportunity. It'd be even better if she were home with us by then, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Ever since the second UTI, she's had a slow recovery. She was extremely cranky this past weekend (we suspect it was due to her reflux combined with the UTI). Over the past few days she's become more of herself again. She was very happy yesterday and today, which makes me a happy mommy as well. This afternoon she had some pretty noisy breathing and they were concerned it was pneumonia so they did a chest x-ray and it came back clean. They did another urine and blood culture (I think this is the third one in a week?) because she had a low grade temp (99.4). Those have shown nothing ever since she was diagnosed with the UTI from the first one. Part of me is glad they're watching her closely, but part of me also thinks they're putting way to much weight onto something like a temperature that wouldn't be anything if we were home and not being watched 24 hours a day. And if it is something, then they need to look elsewhere besides blood and urine cultures because those obviously aren't yielding any information for them.

It's 7 weeks back in the hospital tomorrow. Please pray they get this figured out soon, because I can't take it there anymore. We're ready to have a healthy baby at home and get our lives as a family started.

No comments:

Post a Comment