Callista

Callista

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Diagnosis

Ding Ding! We have a winner. Two winners actually in regards to what the heck Callista has. RSV with secondary pneumonia. Oh joy... They have her on amoxicilin as precaution but the reality is there's no treatment for either of these. She just needs to get over it. Right now they've got her admitted as "comfort care", meaning she gets oxygen as needed, some saline breathing treatments and tylenol as needed.

We still have a day or two left in the hospital according to what the doctors have to say. She is okay being off oxygen while awake, but still dips into the 80's while she is in a deep sleep. Until she can behave herself while sleeping, she will remain admitted. We've had some excellent care this stay, although I still don't feel comfortable leaving her by herself. Daddy and I have been trading places as to who stays with her, just so we can get a shower in our own home and to sleep on a real bed. I've had to take off work for several days, but you do what you have to. Personally, I think there's a week minimum stay for Children's Hospital. It's probably in the fine print on that yellow consent form you sign in the ER! I will use the hospital time to finish the latest Stephanie Plum novel, Nineteen. (The Stephanie Plum Novels By Evanovich, Janet). It's junk food reading, good for those long, LONG days hanging out in the least fun place to be....

I've been doing a lot of soul searching (if that's what you want to call it) over the past week or so, and I am trying to find a better way to be there for my child more. Financially, we cannot afford me not working, but we've been working very hard to get out of debt. I think we are making some great progress, although we still have a long way to go. Thanks to everyone who donated to our give forward account over the past year. I wanted you all to know how appreciated it is, and to let you know it will go toward paying for outstanding bills we still have from our trip to Vanderbilt in 2011 (yeah, that long ago!). We never would have made it without the support of our friends, family, and amazing strangers.

1 comment:

  1. I love you guys! (You and Callista) Keep your head up Momma! You have one perfect little Angel!
    I have you guys on my prayer list, every night.
    <3 You two so much!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete