Callista

Callista

Thursday, November 24, 2011

26 Weeks!

Wow, I cannot believe another week has gone by. Only two more weeks until our first mini goal of 28 weeks, and only 11 more weeks until our ultimate goal of 37! We're chugging right along, thank goodness!

I want to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. I know I for one have a whole lot to be thankful for. I'm going to list some things I'm thankful for, although I can tell you my blog doesn't have nearly enough space for them all!
I'm thankful for.....
  • all of the people who support me through this entire situation.
  • the surgery going so well
  • my insurance covering the surgery
  • my amazing awesome family
  • the good report we received at the doctor's yesterday
  • online shopping (hey, a girl still has to Christmas shop!)
  • the fact that while money is tight, we can still survive while I'm off work
  • what great food we had today!
  • My parents, my little brother and his fiance, and my husband working so hard on my Christmas tree today just to make sure I had one :)
  • and of course, this little baby girl inside my belly, who currently refuses to let grandpa feel her kick (stubborn little thing!)
Although my day was spent on the couch with all the action going on around me, it was such a good day. I'm back to feeling like 90% of myself, and constantly remind myself that just because I feel great doesn't mean I can get up. I'm sticking with it! And counting down the weeks until my strict bred rest is lifted and I can go see Breaking Dawn... Three more weeks girls!!!!

An update on Miss Callie: Her ventricles are still increasing slightly by the week, but they warned us this would happen, since her fluid now needs to find somewhere else to go. Hopefully we start seeing this stabilize or decrease soon. She's measuring 2 lbs. 1 oz., which is in the 75th percentile. Since we know she's coming a bit early, I'm glad that she's on the big side already :) She's still moving those arms and legs and the sonographer got her to arch her back on the ultrasound. And my little one is just starting her practice breathing as well. I mentioned in the last post that where her closure is looks sparkly on the ultrasound... She is now afectionately known as "Bling Baby" at the doctor's office. They're so nice there, I'm exceptionally glad to have such great care. My amnio fluid is still measuring good, and the membranes are still in tact. So far so good!!!! I can't believe it's been two and a half weeks since surgery.... Now I just need these darn steri strips to finish coming off... UGH.

As for me and Bling Baby now, it's time to get back to Christmas shopping. I want to be DONE by tomorrow night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment