Callista

Callista

Saturday, January 7, 2012

32 weeks

We made it to 32 weeks. The chances of survival without severe prematurity side effects is increased now. Her lungs are developed enough to breath, sometimes without assistance even.

It's just crazy to believe we've come this far. Our next goal is 34 weeks, a much shorter goal than we're used to. Then we're on to our 37 week mark!! I'm hoping at our next appointment we'll get the actual c-section date so I can finally know when my baby girl should arrive.

The news was neither good nor bad from this week's appointment. She passed her biophysical profile again with a perfect score (as usual!). She's getting pretty cramped in there so her movements aren't as "swimmy" as they were before, it's weird to me to always see her in the same position, wiggling her pieces as well as she can. Instead of feeling little kicks I feel a lot of body parts just rubbing my insides. And I'm pretty sure she's squishing some of my vital organs... Her ventricles hadn't increased for three weeks but we weren't as lucky this time. They increased from 37 to 40 this week. I've been reassured by more than one lovely medical person and a lot of other SB mommies to not worry about this. The doctor said it could just be her position since she's head down, wayyyyyyy down, and it's hard to get a good picture. And per our routine, she covered her face with her hands and/or feet the whole time so we couldn't get a new picture.

I did get permission to "be more active" from Vanderbilt this week, meaning.... I can leave the house for a minute, fix my own lunch/dinner (oops, been doing that anyway, out of necessity), walk very small distances, etc. Nothing crazy, but it still feels good to have a little more freedom. Definitely not overdoing it though because we've made it this far and we ARE making it to 37 weeks, I insist!

Of course, with the new year, my insurance co-pay has been reset back to $2500, and I'm still paying on the $2500 from last year... The finance thing is really getting to me mentally. It seems like every time I turn around they want another doctor visit, another test, more more more. And the baby needs things (good Lord, spent $130 on breast feeding supplies today, yikes!). I'm calling the insurance company Monday to see if I have any coverage for travel expense, etc. since we made the expensive trip to Nashville and then have to drive to Riverside every week. I got one of my student loans lowered and then come to find out I have another one, so now I ended up owing more than I did before I got it lowered... Of course, I'm used to having two incomes myself from my regular job and my lia sophia business, so it hurts double for me to look at my account. Kinda seems like we're back to that place where everything is against us. We knew and agreed to the surgery knowing it would cause some finance issues and we're dealing and surviving but it's hard. I haven't purchased anything for myself except for a scentsy warmer and some maternity clothes, and I don't drive anywhere or eat out for lunches anymore so we're saving a lot there. Just stress on top of stress and I do apologize for the rant. I am thankful for what we have and are able to keep, I know there are those in worse shape and my heart goes out to them. <3

To end on a positive note, I had a nice outing with my mom today. Still in the wheelchair of course, but we took a trip to lunch, to the mall, and to the magical world of Walmart... It was refreshing. Sorry if you're a dude and reading this, but I also enjoyed buying a new bra with NO padding for my awesome pregnancy boobs. Callie may be stretching my belly, hurting my back, and giving me heart burn from hell, but darn my boobs and hair are fantastic ;) Probably TMI, but hey, I have to find something to be satisfied with LOL. Since I can't go to the salon right now, I did my own hair as well this week which I'm happy to say turned out extremely well (whew!). I guess it was just a week for me to start "feeling pretty" again. Hopefully we're doing maternity pictures next week!!

As always, we appreciate your continuing support and prayers you send our way. Who knows where we'd be without all of you wonderful people who've been there for us <3 We love you so much!!! Keep it up for the next 5 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment