Callista

Callista

Friday, January 13, 2012

33 Weeks!

Woo hoo!! We've made it 33 weeks, only 1 more to go to our next mini goal of 34 weeks, and we finally have an actual c-section date of February 8th. Only 26 days left (yes we're counting in days now!!)

I had to see the OB clinic at Riverside for a consult in order to get my c-section there, and THAT was an experience.... The place had some characters in there :S. The whole thing was a big fat waste of money. For starters, they had no idea why I was there and assumed I hadn't received prenatal care anywhere else. Then they were going to redo my tests that my regular OB had already done (uh, no!). Of course, they were also insistent that I had to transfer to the high risk OB upstairs in order to get my c-section (again, no!). Overall, they made me get naked and into an icky gown only to realize I didn't need an exam...which I told them BEFORE all this. Grr. Luckily, my ultrasound tech takes good care of me and she let them know who was boss and what was going on. 

Our weekly appointment was excellent this week... No changes in her ventricles and all her movement and breathing tests were passed with perfect scores. She has an obsession with her feet already, she grabs them during our ultrasounds all the time, and wiggles her toes in front of her face.This time, she had her big toe actually pressed against her forehead.

We also found out that she's got lots of hair, you could see it flowing in the amniotic fluid. At least this horrendous heartburn I've been having will lead to something anyway! I can't wait to see what color it is! They also estimated her weight to be at 7lbs 3oz (!!!!). It may be estimating slightly larger due to the size of her head, but at any rate, her entire body is still measuring 2 weeks ahead like we have been since about 20 weeks. I cannot believe she's so big! It's a good thing though, I'd rather have a sturdy baby than have one I feel like I'm going to break.

We're pretty prepared for a shunt when she arrives... It seems inevitable at this point. But the whole idea of having the surgery was to preserve nerves, not necessarily cure the hydrocephalus. And at the rate she's rocking and rolling, we've got such great hope that our sweet baby will be a mover and a shaker. She's certainly capable of moving my entire stomach at this point. But of course, don't try to feel her move, because she stops every time. She's got something against the men in my family. My mother and future sister-in-law have both felt her, but every time my dad, brother, or husband tries to feel her, she quits moving. Casey has got to feel her some because we trick her and leave his hand there. I think she forgets about it ;). So I guess the point of this is, if the shunt is the worst thing that happens, then I guess that's not so bad after all if we get all those other awesome benefits of the surgery.

I'll end with one more picture of Callista. You can see her hand by her face pretty well in this one, and of course there's a foot up there! Thanks everyone for your love, support, and prayers. We're getting so close and you've all been so incredibly wonderful to us. We wouldn't be in this place without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment