Callista

Callista

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Appointment. Appointment. Appointment.

Tomorrow begins our long line of appointments. It's been a good few weeks being able to be home every now and then, but now we get into the seriousness of what spina bifida is. We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon at Starlight to get her evaluation done there so she can get PT and OT at home. On the 29th, we go in for her g-tube, and hopefully they'll switch it to a button. On the 5th, she has her first PT evaluation at COOR and on the 7th she has her OT evaluation at COOR. On the 8th we have a LONG day at Children's. Myelo clinic, MRI, ENT check up, and neonatal clinic. On the 15th she has her next set of shots. On the 21st she goes in for a urodynamics test. I have no doubt that more appointments will be squeezed in there somewhere. I'm hoping whoever does the evaluations has a positive outlook. Too many times everyone wants to tell us what she can't do, what she won't do, etc. Instead, tell me how you're going to help her and what we can do at home. That's all I ask, a little bit of optimism.

On the home front, some tough decisions have to be made. I've been put into a position I don't want to be in, and I am not allowed to talk about details. But please pray that I am guided to making the right choices. Throughout everything our family has been through, things just keep stacking up, even now. I have to make the choice that's right for my family, but right now I don't know what that is... I can do what is financially right, or I can do what is emotionally right. 

Overall, our two weeks home have been wonderful. It's so nice to wake up and grab my little girl out of her crib and take care of her. I'm not saying I enjoy those 3am feedings, but I enjoy her ;) I'll update soon after our evals and let everyone know the results. <3


1 comment:

  1. Dear Kim, Casey, and Callie,
    I continue to hold you in prayer as you seek the best for Callie, and adjust to life now as you know it. You are the very best advocates for her -- I celebrate that you want to expand, not limit her. In all things, hope. And strength for the journey. God is there with you.
    -- Shana

    ReplyDelete