Callista

Callista

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

eight months?!

Such a short update, but...

I cannot believe it's been EIGHT months since we first heard the devastating words "Spina Bifida". Eight months seems like such a long time ago. I look back on those first few days, when we had no hope, and now I look at her and think "Boy was I wrong". The fetal surgery was such a blessing to us, as her PT evaluation was an overall positive one. I love hearing the words "movement" and "looks promising", it's not often we hear those positive aspects. I'm just in awe of how brilliant my little girl is and how at 4 months old she's already saying screw you SB, I'm not having any of this crap.

It'll be seven months on Saturday since we had that life changing surgery. For the few people in my life who apparently don't understand what my family went through, and is still going through, I don't care what you say or do to me, I'm so happy I did it. She is the most important thing in the world to me and I'll do anything to protect her and make her life better. Just know she is does, and always will, come first.

Eight months... we never thought we'd be in this good spot. New mommies and daddies who may be struggling right now with your diagnosis, hang in there. Because our little one has been the perfect addition to our family, perfect in all her imperfections. Seriously, hang on, it does get better <3

1 comment:

  1. And she is a Blessing to all of us !! She has taught us alot already. And shown us how strong our family is !!! We have and will continue to face this together! We enjoy every accomplishment she does. We fell in love the first time we saw her on the ultra sound and she continues to wrap us al around her beautiful little fingers. Especially her Grandpa LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete