Callista

Callista

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Bouncing Baby Girl

It's been one year since we saw the words "It's a GIRL!" flash across the screen at our Ultrasona gender determination appointment. I didn't know what would come ahead for us when we made that appointment. We made the appointment because I was impatient and wanted to know if we were having a boy or a girl, like, NOW. So yes, I paid $75 to know the gender a few weeks early. And I am so glad we did, because we had two weeks to completely and utterly enjoy our pregnancy. I had two weeks to buy girl clothes and think about how I was decorating the nursery. Two blissful, happy weeks. What a blessing for us, to have had that positive experience rather than having the fact that we were having a little girl be eclipsed by a piece of news we never in a million years expected to hear.

I didn't even know about Ultrasona until we ate at the Japanese Steakhouse and sat by a woman who had a new baby girl. She told us her and her husband did it to find out the sex before he left for Iraq. This woman was put in front of me for a reason, and looking back, I wish I could thank her over and over again for leading me to a few weeks of joy.

Now my baby girl is almost eight months old and growing like a weed. She's come a long way from looking like the alien baby we have in those 3D pictures! We are still learning how to be our own kind of normal and we're getting there. We learn something new almost every day and we're just as insanely in love with our little girl now as we were a year ago <3

No comments:

Post a Comment