Callista

Callista

Saturday, December 17, 2011

29 Weeks- Baby shower day!

29 weeks yesterday: 3 more to go for our goal of 32, only 8 more for our goal of 37! (eek, I'm having a baby in eight weeks?!)

Thursday was our weekly MFM appointment. Our baby girl showed off nicely for us. She completed her practice breathing, moved each limb, and even wiggled her toes on her right foot. Her heart is still perfect and her tummy and kidneys still have fluid. And then they tried to scare us to death..... They measured her ventricles and informed us they were now at 37 (bad, very bad) which meant she had gained 10 within a week. I cried my little heart out at this. And about a half hour later, the doctor comes in and takes a look, and informs us they are not in fact 37, that the membrane they needed to measure from was hard to see with her position and her ventricles are 22. Although we'd love to see these smaller, we'll take anything lower than 37!!!! So my hormonal self cried again out of sheer relief. My fluid was down to 8.5 but they assured me this was completely normal for 29 weeks and to just keep drinking water and resting. I swear I just need my own ultrasound machine! I'm so happy with the results so far (the REAL results, lol). I can't help but think if I hadn't done the surgery, she may not be moving like this, especially with her lesion being so high... I'm so glad we decided to go for it. It's been a long road, but it almost feels like we're coming to the end, or at least a new beginning.

Today I went out for the first time other than a doctor's appointment. It was SO nice to be around civilization that's NOT in a hospital. I must say, I've got some amazing relatives and friends. My baby shower was wonderful. Everyone had a lot of fun and a lot of excellent food as well. A special thanks to my girls who put the whole thing on: the cooking, the decorating, the making of the goodies, everything! It's awesome to know so many great people care about us and baby Callie. She's going to have lots of fans when she finally arrives. We got so much pink pink pink that our kitchen looks like the color pink exploded all over it :) Which of course is what every baby princess wants and needs! I loved each and every gift and I know Callista will as well (especially her very own pink claw footed bathtub hehe). The homemade gifts were amazing as well, I had no idea all my friends and family were SERIOUSLY talented! I feel like an underachiever after the blankets, tutus, bows, and quilts! All of the gifts and well wishes were appreciated so much more than I could ever write on a thank you card, but those will have to do.

One gift touched me so deeply though, because of the meaning behind it.... It was a quilt with butterflies and a gorgeous butterfly framed picture. It's not the gift so much as the meaning of the gift that made me cry... Because if you've been following along for our entire journey, you know that Callista is my butterfly and the butterfly story is one that has truly changed my life. If you never got the chance to read it, I hope you'll take the time to back track and read it, because it's true not only for my family, but for anyone who's going through a struggle. So thank you so much for this gift of the butterfly, who is so much like my daughter.

After the longest day I've had in a very long while, I'm home and resting with my current baby girl (yes, my dog lol). Trying to avoid eating all the leftover cake right this instant... I didn't have gestational diabetes but I think if I eat all the cake, I might ;) As usual.... we love each and every one of you who support us through this and we appreciate your continued thoughts and prayers as we make this last leg of the journey... And OMG, did I mention we're having a baby in only eight weeks?! Ahhhhhhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment