Callista

Callista

Friday, December 23, 2011

30 Weeks!

I can't tell if time is flying or crawling... When I'm sitting/laying here doing next to nothing, it feels like it's taking forever to get anywhere. When I get those head measurements every week, her birth can't come soon enough for me, I just want her out and to be okay. But then I look at the progress we've made with Callie, and it's flying by! I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since the surgery. And I can't believe it's only 7 more weeks until she arrives....

Our MFM appointment this week went well. The ultrasound tech still couldn't find the membrane in the ventricle that Dr. Fox used to measure from last week, so she measured from the same spot and came up with the same number as last week. Although I don't like her number, at least we know it didn't increase. My fluid is back to 10.5, so that made me happy. They did a growth measurement on her as well and wow! She is measuring at 32 weeks gestation (with the exception of her head), weighs 4 lbs 11oz give or take a pound, and has the chubbiest little cheeks you ever did see. I take comfort in these measurements because while they aren't entirely accurate, at least if she comes earlier than expected, she's ahead of schedule in some areas. She also has a lot of hair judging from her pictures, :). Will it be blonde or red???? I can't wait to find out!!!

I'm doing my best to behave myself at this busy time of year. I won't miss the hustle and bustle of going a million different places on Christmas Eve and Day, but I will be sad not seeing the family members I have to miss this year. It's just more important to us right now to keep this baby baking than it is to run to dinners and exchange gifts. So while I celebrate the holiday from my cozy corner of the couch, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a stress free couple of days (haha, right?).

Love you all, and thanks so much for your continued prayers, keep them coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment