Callista

Callista

Monday, October 10, 2011

Appointment

So the appointment is official, and I am both excited and nervous at the same time. The doctor at Vanderbilt feels Callista and I are "prime candidates" for the surgery, so we're just assuming we're going to pass these tests and get the surgery. We meet with the neurosurgeon and nurses at Children's Hospital on Thursday to prepare for delivery. It's crazy that we have to think this far ahead. I told Casey today that with her due date being possibly pushed so far ahead, I feel like we don't even have time to prepare ourselves for a little one in our home! We're trying to squeeze in every ounce of prep work we can before the imminent span of bed rest arrives. We finished registering today, so Babies R Us, Target, and Walmart are defeated. Speaking of registering, just want to share my second most favorite item we registered for:








Is this not the cutest little bathtub ever? Callie can have her own claw footed bathtub :) Of course, I registered for the pink one.

With the eval and surgery being a few weeks away, I feel like I at least have enough time to get my work things in order and make sure everything is covered. Hopefully my boss agrees to let me work from home a little to help ease the burden on the poor people left at the office, as well as keep me busy (and give me at least a tiny paycheck).

I'm looking forward to posting an update on Children's, as well as how our evaluation goes. Again, I love you all dearly, and we're so thankful to have people like you in our lives to pray for us, support us, and keep us in your thoughts. I'm a firm believer that we would have never gotten this far without every single one of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment