Callista

Callista

Friday, October 7, 2011

Feeling Somewhat Better

After just a "normal" day at work, I'm feeling somewhat better about everything. We received news that our two main amnio results were normal, so this is one more step in the right direction. Now we're anxiously awaiting a call from Vanderbilt to schedule our evaluation. The nerves are definitely setting in for that...  One huge risk of this surgery is premature birth, although the hospital informs me that since the study ended, they have not had a baby born before 33 weeks, which is pretty good news. It's hard to believe that Callista could be here as soon as January 13th *gasp*

I know a lot of these are stupid, but here's what's going through my head today:
  • What the heck do I do for 12-14 weeks?!
  • I'm going to miss seeing Breaking Dawn, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, both of which I've been religiously stalking...
  • My job is going to be a mess when I do finally go back to work
  • How much is this REALLY going to hurt?
  • Who is coming to make my lunch and help me get up to use the freaking bathroom if everyone is working???
  • How will I register for baby stuff, and can I still have a baby shower?
  • How on Earth will my Christmas shopping get done? 
And a random fact, an amniocentesis hurts like hell, and does NOT feel better than getting a tattoo on your stomach (sorry Doc!). I have still felt a little tender today from all the poking and prodding. The feeling after an amnio makes you so nervous because you're so worried about all those negative things that could happen.  

So yeah.... not a very eloquent post today, but posting does make me feel a ton better when I can lay it all out. 

1 comment:

  1. Kimmy, what an honest blog. Most people would try to only write what would be considered appropriate. You will be serving others that come after you by being authentic and transparent.
    Are there any hobbies you have often wanted to take up, knitting, quilting or something like that? Now's the time.
    Keep up the good attitude. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete